Greetings:

I still haven't fixed my R-7 yet but I'm making progress.  I bought a digital
control board from a TR-7 & tried it & found that all but the lowest 3 bands
worked; the board outputs for the 3 bands that didn't work were all continually
low, incidentally, while the outputs from the PROM that fried were all
floating.  Next I connected 8 SPDT toggle switches so that each would select
either ground or +5V & connected them to the DR-7 board in place of the digital
control board & used them to make a truth table documenting the successful
patterns for each band.  Not surprisingly, the patterns from the control board
match those of the DR-7 output lines to the translator board.  If anyone would
like a copy of this truth table send me an e-mail off list.

My next step is to build something that'll respond to the band switch inputs
with the required outputs, now that I know what they need to be.  I've designed
a circuit that'll do this using a 4-input AND gate for each band [11 in total;
actually 6-4082s] plus inverters & [Schottky] steering diodes although possibly
there are simpler ways to do this.  I'll make a schematic for this circuit
available once it's done & working properly in case there's any interest.  73s.

Dave