[Drakelist] Virtual Drake
Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 1 09:56:41 EST 2010

Actually, I had PowerSDR running here using LP-PAN. I cannot argue with the
transmit fidelity which is noticably the best on the band. But on receive, all
of the DSP receivers that I have listened to sound distinctly digital (which to
my ears is not natural having grown up with DRAKE), and so, not fitting to
emulation. Elecraft somehow got the AGC right and you can hook up a big honkin
speaker to it and fill a room with the audio. Close your eyes and it's...
Drake.

Anyone have a DSP rig that sounds "analog" like K3????

Don -

Very nice!!

Now all you have to do is make a skin for the PSDR or GSDR Software
Defined Receivers......

http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/

http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/downloads/list