Boys and girls....

working on the fubar tr4 on my bench.

got the receiver working, the transmitter is on line now too

but I've got a problem with the receiver I've never seen before. I know what is wrong, but have not dived into it yet. I was just wondering if anyone

it seems like the agc is screwed up. receiver is full gain, audio distorts on strong signals
turning down the rf gain clears things up

now...

on strong signals, the s-meter deflects backwards! Yup! goes down instead of up.

got to be something in the balance circuit that's upsetting things.

yeah, changed out a few tubes and no joy

anyone?

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced