From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net
[mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net] On Behalf Of Bill Dzurilla
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:35 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net; w4...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Drake L-7 arc - plate capacitor issue? Now with
video

Thanks, John.  I noticed the black dot as well and it drove me crazy
trying to figure it out.  After many attempts to duplicate, it turned
out to be the rotor on the Load cap.  It disappears a moment before the
arc because I was turning that control to the left at the time of the
arc.  That is what led me to believe, as explained by W8JI and others,
that the arcing was being caused by inadequate loading.  When I tried
again and left the Load control on 5, there was no arcing.

I had not noticed the difference between the 2 tubes until you mentioned
it.  Possibly just a result of the camera angle.  If not, what could it
mean?

73, Bill NZ5N