Hi,

The B- of the power supply for the Drake L-4B and L-7 goes to pin 6 of the
Cinch connector.  Inside the amp, the B- is floated above ground by a one ohm
resistor.  The one ohm resistor that floats B- above ground is said to be for
the purpose of plate current metering.  I do not quite understand how this
resistor is needed for plate current meter accuracy.  Could someone please tell
me how that works?

I have an L-7 and a homebrew amp that uses a similar power supply.  However, in
the homebrew amp the B- goes directly to ground.  I'm trying to understand the
difference in the configurations.

Thanks and 73,
Bill NZ5N