I agree with previous posts about the TR-7.  I got mine used when I became a
ham 24 years ago.  It started developing an audio problem, and digial readout
problem, but removing the boards, deoxit on the pins, and reseating solved
everything.  A touch-up on the alignment and it's a brand new radio.  The
wb4hfn extender boards are a good buy also.

73
Mark
N5KAE