Same thing on the filter selector switch. Not using the radio will usually have a switch issue. A bit od deoxit will resolve thAt issue. Good luck. The third mixer did adequately address the third mixer prob. Drake had 3 or 4 designs and Sherwood. Solved it all.

A clean and functioning Sherwood receiver is a wonder. Still use mine

Sent from my iPhone
David Assaf, III

On Jul 31, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Robert Ladden <rmlad...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I had this problem when a crystal filter on the back was not making a good connection with one of the pins. Wiggle each filter. The static crashes would occur out of nowhere and last a few seconds. Took me weeks to find it.

73,
Bob WW3QB

--- On Sat, 7/31/10, K4GM- George <k...@verizon.net> wrote:

From: K4GM- George <k...@verizon.net>
Subject: [Drakelist] R4C static after Sherwood 3d mixer mod
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 8:06 AM
I have obtained an R4C with many of
the Sherwood mods installed including the solid state 3d
mixer which is supposed to eliminate the dreaded frying
crackle.   Unfortunately occasionally I hear
a bit of static sounding to me like what a brief solar flare
might sound. It is not really a hiss but more like a strong
static crash.  It is definitely not simply QRN!
It is infrequent and I can still copy over it.  Before
I open it up and start reviewing the wiring on the mixer
mod, has anyone else had experience with this type of
problem?  Is there a known culprit such as one of the
tubes going bad??  Any and all suggestions appreciated.

George K4GM