It's important to realize that during WWII most of our competitors were
ether severely damaged,
wounded financially, or just plain bombed flat.  The Germans and Japanese
spent the next thirty years rebuilding all of
their schools, cities, roads, and bridges.  The 1950's were fabulous in
large part because there
was demand from everywhere and no other country could supply it but the
US.  Life is a whole lot easier when
you don't have any competition!

John, NT8C