Hello to the group.... I wasn't quite sure how to post with a question but that
was nicely answered the other day. At any rate, I am getting back into ham
radio after 35 years of idle time.... my main focus is CW and RTTY and I am in
the process of trying to find some of the mechanical teletypes I played with
for hours on end years ago. Seems like I have awakened from a long sleep only
to find everyone has gone digital and solid state!
My original Swan 350 alas is no longer, but I picked up a nice TR4C that looks
great (love those tube finals!). The rig arrived and I plugged it in just to
see if it would even power up, which it did. I purchased a used Cushcraft R5,
got it up in the air and again powered up the TR4C. I think I heard two or
three signals on all the bands and that was just about it. There was noise (of
course), but I'm thinking that the vertical is responsible for that. I still
need to buy a mic and a key to call a CQ!
What would my first step be in determining the condition of the receiver
section?
Thanks for the help.... I know I'll be back for more!