Karl -

Yep, those are the Sprague 'HyPass' caps. They are rated for 20A, which is a little disconcerting, but there seem to be few failures. SSN doesn't have them any more though.

The current limitation would be the size of the internal conductor, and the attachment method at each end. I suspect the conductor just runs warm, which may be what has caused the limited failures. The other thing of interest would be the voltage drop across it, lowering the applied filament voltage, which may not be a bad thing!

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Karl Corder wrote:
Found the boxes that the feed through caps came (miracle), anyway
the boxes read Sprague by pass capacitor 80P3 .1 MF 600 WVDC
516 .0693-000  . These were purchased from Surplus Sales of Nebraska
for $18/each. I hope this helps, been using the L4B for six months and no problem so far. I have been driving it with a t4x and now a tr4, according to the meters it is putting out around 950 watts cw and near 1500 watts ssb. I hope that helps
as I spent a year repairing this L4B as it had been badly abused. I
received tremendous help for folks on this site, like Garey and Rick and others.
karl - wa2ovj