From: John Hudson <john.hud...@calema.ca.gov>
To: drakel...@.zerobeat.net <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 2:26 pm
Subject: [Drakelist] L4B KEYING CIRCUIT FAILURE

A simple question (as if there really are any) about theKeying circuit of an
L4B. Because I use several radios to drive the L4B I havea relay connected to
the amplifier keying circuit that really only grounds the leads,that has now
failed to work. I looked at the schematic and it appears therecould be voltage
on the VOX pins and it’s actually referenced in the manualthat if you have the
pins reversed the plate current will go up and to reversethe pins. There is no
voltage present!

·        Saying all that, what voltage should I see ifany on the keying circuit
when not keyed?
·        Has anyone experienced this before and if sowhat did you find?

Yes, before anyone says it, I know ultimately I have pullthe unit out of line
and take it apart to trouble shoot but I also know symptomscan provide a path
to repair and a place to start.

Thank you (in advance),

John N.Hudson III, WA6HYQ
“C”line, TR4C, RV4C, L4B, MN-2000, TR-6 Owner-Operator.