Well I read the instructions in the manual but in the end it didn't seem
like it was setup right: s-meter zero pot to mid range then setting the
s-meter to S-3 (with a 1 micro-volt signal) and then setting the s-meter to a
30,000 micro-volt signal (60 over s-9).  Before I started this the s-meter
was pretty scotch and the receiver seemed a tad deaf.  Clearly, setting R55
woke the receiver up but how do I get the other controls in line to get a
real  zero on the s-meter and correct full scale reading with s9+60?  Both my
R4B  and TR7 seemed a little more straight forward and I'd like to get the
R4C close  to either of them.
What am I missing?

Steve KD2ED