  From: ph...@aol.com
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [Drakelist] R-4A anomoly

      Just to reiterate from the original email:  Different tubes *WERE* tried
(including two NOS) and loosening/tightening the tube socket & PCB mounting
screws.  More work on this tonight.

      Meantime, I ordered a new 7-pin, bottom-mount-with-grounding-lugs socket
from Antique Elex and if worse comes to worse I'll just replace the socket.  It
is possible that one of the socket pins has actually separated into two pieces,
upper & lower, that lose contact when the tube heats the socket and the metal
expands and changes shape.   It's rare, but I have seen it before.

      And I'll stick an extender in it tonight and compare voltages top &
bottom.

  73/arf,

  Paul, K4MSG