*(1) An intermittent that shows up after an hour or so that causes signal
levels to drop about 20 dB for a few seconds then pop back in.  A burst of
static, switching to STBY and back to RCV, or opening up the bandwidth to
cause a "burst" of signal will correct the drop, but then after several
seconds it will drop again (but it self-corrects, the drops, then
self-corrects.....most annoying).*

I don't know which tube it is for your receiver but try a known good voltage
regulator tube. In my TR-4 it's something like V20 = 0A2.

Good luck.