Hi Eddy,

It's the identical tube with the supressor grid internally connected.

I've used them in several Drake Xmtrs with fine results. Others have reported difficulty with neutralization...but I've never seen that. The specs as I recall, were not close, they were identical.

John K5MO

At 07:53 PM 9/29/2010, Edward Swynar wrote:
Hi Mike,

From a thread re. Drake finals here of some two years ago, there was mention of the fact that the 6GJ5 is a direct substitute for the 6JB6, if you have no luck finding that latter tube...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:r79b...@gmail.com>m coffey
To: <mailto:drakelist@zerobeat.net>drakelist@zerobeat.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:56 PM
Subject: [Drakelist] 6JB6 vs.6JB6A

Thanks for the info on 6jb6 vs. 6JB6A. I have seen a few 6JB6 of both varieties on line, often advertised as MATCHED. I wonder how they have matched them as some have listed an emmisson only tube tester as the match unit. I am very leary of these so called matched tubes! Even the ones from the large tube sellers may be useless! I was given a T4-R4 set which I took to WB4HFN. He went over them and said that I would need a new set of finals after I had used them for awhile. I am having some trouble getting a wire up for them, but I keeping my eyes open for a nice set of 6JB6 s. Mike, KB1EZL