Hi Garey,

Many thanks for that insight...

There's obviously more afoot here than I first reckoned on---a LOT more! Hi
Hi.

I must say, though, I DO like your idea of actually monitoring my own
on-the-air signal through the R-4---and you're oh-so-right, the receiver has
incredible AVC that "tames" the signal without need of any sort of "extra"
input from me (as in crankin' down the RF gain control to prevent ear drum
fracture!)...

I think I'll do just exactly that from now on...in fact, I got a good taste
of this very thing the other night when a fellow I was working on 160 CW
said that my transmitted signal was "jumpy" by times: sure enough,
monitoring myself confirmed this to yours truly (and that very contrast in
tone is probably what highlighted the high pitch of V9 in the first place!).

The fix...? A couple of rapid rotations of the band, mode selector, and
crystal selector switches, of the T-4X!

Thanks so very much again, Garey---your wisdom re. "...things Drake" is
greatly appreciated by all who frequent this Reflector...

~73!~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ