Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:15:59 -0400
From: "Dick KF4NS" <kf4nsra...@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Drake] [Drakelist]  TR4C weird xmit trouble
To: "DrakeRadio list" <drakera...@yahoogroups.com>,
<dr...@mailman.qth.net>, "Drake list at zerobeat"
<drakelist@zerobeat.net>

RESENDING THIS DUE TO WRONG ORIGINATOR ADDRESS (STUPID ME!)

Garey,
This is not new to me. I acquired it in 1995 after it had been stored
in a garage for 10 years. No need to tell the tale, you can just
imagine. After a physical cleaning I fired it up and it worked fine.
Then this year I decided after getting your CD that it was time to do a real restore which I did. I will never say that was a bad idea since
it was not even close to good performance.

20 meters had been working at par for the rest of the bands. The
finals are what was in there, Sylvania 6JB6 da ALM marked on them. As
tested on my B&K 707, the gm was for V8=9000 V9=9500 V10=10500, for
what it is worth.
Neutralization went well using my scope with voltages removed from
finals. Will do it over but tune up on 28.0 instead of 29.1 just for a
do-over again.

By the way, the schematic you recommended was series 35161 but I
discovered yesterday that mine is a match for series 42500 even though
mine was built in '74 with serial #38145, go figure. It has those
goofy brn/blk/wht/silver bypass caps across IF xfmrs T11/T12. Took
quite a while to figure out they were caps and not resistors. Never
ever saw those things before.
73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!