Hi Richard,

I tried to access the core from the back of the assembly but at least on this R-4C, the top of the slug is smooth with no indentation. With the front panel was removed, turning the core from the front was easy once the anti-turn adhesive was broken. After alignment, I re-applied a drop of adhesive to keep it from accidentally turning in the future.

Paul, W9AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Christensen" <w...@arrl.net>
To: "Drakelist group" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] R-4C Notch Control

Yep, that fixed it. With the front panel removed, I had to turn the notch coil shaft CCW by about four turns such that the null occurs when the control is at 12 o'clock on zero beat - as discussed in the manual. Access to the coil shaft is through a hole in the front chassis, and does require panel and knob removal. Many Tnx!

Paul, W9AC

I also had problems tuning the notch filter on my R4-B. I was able to do it from the back but now don't remember exactly how it did it. I think there is a hex socket on the back of the core. Its just been too long and I only had to do it once. BTW, this notch filter is _very_ effective when adjusted right.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles