I've got my twins warmed up and continue to have problems with the PTO in the
R-4A.  When controlling the set from the receiver, the CW tones sound raspy and
the frequency tends to jump around.  If I touch the shield, I can make the
pitch change.  Pressing on the tuning knob also seems more sensitive.

When I control the frequency from the T-4X, the notes sound beautiful and don't
vary.  It seems less sensitive to mechanical contact with the knob as well.

Is there a way of tightening up the PTO?  Why does everything sound T-7-ish
when using the receiver's PTO and not the transmitter's?

TNX es 73,

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended
thereto.