On Jan 9, 2011, at 12:00 AM, Joe Pyles wrote:

You do not need the AM filter to transmit AM. It does not matter what mode you transmit in, on a TR7 it always uses the 2.3khz sideband filter. When you transmit AM, you transmit carrier plus upper sideband (A3- H).

Thanks for correcting me. The TR-7 I owned had no filter, nor the mod, so I was uable to receive AM with it. I had never tried to transmit in AM, since I had no way of receiving any response.

Thanks, and 73,

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.