Steve -

The copper tape designed for RF sealing use DOES have conductive adhesive. 3M and others make it. It is 'quite' expensive, and usually comes in pretty large rolls.

I'm curious to see what Eddy comes up with. I really don't expect any difference, but ... When replacing the PTO cover, it's sometimes necessary to press 'in' on the 'bowed' part of the spring clips to get the barb in far enough to grip. But once they do, that can does NOT move! :-)

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
Eddy,
The tinfoil sounds interesting! I'll wait to see how this works longer-term. One thing it did make me think of, though, is using conductive tape. My only reservation on this is that I suspect the adhesive doesn't really conduct.
Thoughts?
Steve Wedge, W1ES/4
"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
- Joe Walsh
If the above message appears, it came from Steve's Son of Laptop!