Well, today in anticipation of rebuilding my L-4BPS I decided to finally
install the Harbach soft-start module in the amp (hey, its only been sitting in
the project queue for a few years....no sense in rushing).

While I had it open did the normal maintenance stuff, lubed the fan etc.  I've
had a problem now for a couple of months with the plate tuning cap turning
action.  Somewhere between the 80m and 40m sections the turning action slows
down to a standstill and you'd have to spin the knob several times to get it to
move VERY slowly thru its rotation.

With the amp opened up I found that a little bit of pressure applied either as
a push or pull would get the cap to rotate at almost normal speed throughout
its rotation.  Not wanting to screw something up I decided to leave it alone
and check with the group.  It may just be that after 32 years the rotation
mechanism is just wearing out.

Anyone else experience this?  If so any fixes?

Thanks in advance!

Dino KL0S

BTW, the Harbach module works great....the power supply board is built and
ready to install but think I've done enough for today!