Hi Bill -

Glad it worked out for you. It's not a big problem, since we're not trying to squeeze the last mW out of our receiver Audio amps, but 4 ohm speakers are getting hard to find.

Thanks for the 'endorsement'!

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Bill Gailey (gaileyb) wrote:
Garey,
If you want to forward this back to the drakelist guys, regarding
speakers, I followed your suggestion about the Antique Electronic Supply
speaker in May 2008, as my 2BQ speaker had literally deteriorated at
several places in the speaker cone.  The new "MOD" speaker that is in
their catalog has been a very good speaker, no complaints.  It is a 4
ohm, and Italian made so there may be slight accent, but I haven't
noticed :)

Seriously it was a nice replacement.  I can't speak to a real comparison
since the old speaker had failed but it's doing a nice job for me and
keeping my 2B happy.

Regards,
Bill, WS4F