Garey,

Thanks for the explaination!  I have never heard this double hump when tuning
the calibrator signal in any of my Drakes (TR-3, TR-4, 4A-line twins).  I
assume the null that you describe tuning through is the BFO frequency, between
the two filter passbands.  But it would seem to me that you would only have one
passband filter active at a time (depending on the selected sideband), and so
no null in the middle(between the two), but rather the signal would just fall
off on either side of the single (LSB or USB) passband.  This is more what I
think I hear from my radios.  I must be missing something or perhaps I am
misunderstanding your explaination.  Or perhaps I have some work to do!  I can
switch sidebands while tuning and get close to what you describe, but my dip in
the middle is only about 20dB, not all the way to noise.

KB8BKU, Darryl in Dayton