On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:32:17 -0500 (EST), kc9...@aol.com wrote:

>I see no need for either one. All my vintage equipment now has 3 prong
>power cords. I put them on as soon as I get one.
>What am I missng???

Not much, unless you are using your radio in the shower. In theory, it could
protect you if there is some sort of fault in the neutral conductor. On another
note, there is a school of though that says that three wire cords are not
desirable for radio systems.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org