Fellow enthusiasts,

Have a question about S2C in the L-75 linear, it is the wafer switch controlled
by the lever on the front panel for use on 160 and 80 meters.  The two
switchable load capacitors are located from some terminals with one end of each
cap going to a "common" terminal on the switch, and then a lead from there to
ground.  However, that "common" terminal is not connected electrically to any
part of the circuit.  Was just curious as to why the ground side of each cap is
connected to an unused terminal when in fact there is a ground lug very close
to that switch that could be used for the ground termination.  I'm going to be
replacing those caps and plan on using the ground lug rather than that
electrically isolated switch terminal.  But then, am I missing something here?
I'm sure Drake had a reason for doing what they did, but I can't figure out
what it is.  At one time I thought that maybe it would be a simplified
manufacturing process to mount the caps to the switch before installation but
then that didn't make sense since a wire/braid had to be run from that terminal
to the ground lug anyway.  Your thoughts?

73,

Evan, K9SQG