Paul Christensen wrote:
Now I've done it. After a complete cleaning of the R-4B front panel and associated hardware I cannot get the crystal select switch shaft to engage onto the switch shaft. A brass coupler is used to join the two pieces but I failed to look closely at the relationship between the coupling and the two shafts. Each shaft has a flattened end but I see no what to synchronize them with the brass coupling -- it just spins. It's as if there's another part that I cannot account for.

The ACCY BAND switch is a one piece shaft. Are you speaking of the Passband Tuner shaft?? I believe there should be a flat piece of steel sheet inside the coupling to 'flatten' one side. I don't have a "B" open at the moment. Perhaps someone else can comment?

I also found a small curved washer which goes....where? The larger curved washer is placed on the VFO shaft and I'm fine there.

The small curved washer probably goes over the red button on the MAIN TUNING window, between the window and the front panel, to hold the window in place.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs