From: Steve Wedge <w1es1...@earthlink.net>
To: kc9cdt <kc9...@aol.com>
Cc: Drake List <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Mon, Mar 7, 2011 5:34 pm
Subject: +1 on the shorting load cap plates

Lee, I had the same thing happen to me and Garey's probably right.  The plates on the loading cap are VERY close together and I did find one slightly-bent one.  I put it on the bench, no power, turned the control and could hear the plates scuffing.  I had to use a magnifying glass and strong light but I did find it.  Your setting on the high bands are probably a far bit away from where they are on 40 & 80.

73,

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Plato
Do be do be do. - Sinatra

All my computers have my signature with various pearls of wisdom appended thereto.