> I've been using a Cushcraft R-7 "half-wave" Vertical on the roof of my
>  house driven be my Drake gear; I've been feeding it with RG-8X with no
> problem, both QRP and QRO.  I'm curious why we should avoid RG-8X?  What's
> the big deal about the "X" cable?

BTW, the R-7 is designed to configure and operate with no radials, and is
very easy to assemble, erect and tune.  I also have the Butternut HF-6 which
works great! but requires some work to its "mind right," adjusting the
sections and the radials and the ground.  can't say that one is a better
performer than the other but the Cushcraft is definitely easier.

Grant