On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:58:23 -0400, K9sqg wrote:

>The issue with desoldering and resoldering the capacitor tabs, or similar
>parts, is thermal capacity.

I thought I said that....  :)

But seriously, my fixed temp WTCPN with a 700 degree tip will handle some
pretty big stuff with a decent chisel tip in it. I don't know the "wattage" on
this iron, but it's sufficient to maintain tip temperature when soldering coax
connectors to the braid. If the job is too big for it, supplimentary heat from
one of my guns will melt just about anything I throw at the pair.

Fixed temp and variable temp regulated irons aren't typically speced in Watts
anyway.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org