Richard,

Any readily detectable leakage is too much for a grid coupling cap IMO.  A
cap that even partially closes the eye on the 1uA setting of my Heathkit is
grounds for replacement.  Modern caps are cheap and easy to obtain.  If you
don't like the bright colors of new axial caps, just slip a little heat
shrink over them and "viola" you have a mini black beauty :-)

Dennis AE6C