-----Original Message-----
From: y...@aol.com <y...@aol.com>
To: k4...@mindspring.com
Sent: Sun, Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm
Subject: R-4 birdies

 Hi  Garey ,and all the others who had  thoughts, on my problem

 The problem is solved. Put the R-4 on the bench, tightened ALL the screws on
the chassis ,re soldered  all the connections between the the ant input to the
12bz6 and hit a few others,especially grounds, and deoxited  the switch's.
she's rearing to go,audio also improved. Will change all the big caps and check
the resisters in the power supply soon. Now if I only had a better sig
gen,would go for a alignment. So no more birdies ,better audio ...life is good
,at least for now.
thanks for all the info and help from everybody.
73's dale wt4t