Richard -

I just noticed your description of the slide switch. The original is NOT spring loaded, just a standard two position slide switch. The spring steel 'hairpin' on the LOAD shaft is all that is necessary to switch it back and forth.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donley" <donley...@comcast.net>

Garey et al,

I made resistance measurements on the RF Output switch on
the LOAD shaft
with the switch in place and wires and resistor attached.
I got steady
readings but wasn't satisfied. I removed the switch and
made measurements
just on the switch contacts. The open positions were
obviously open, but the
shorting functions of the switch were unstable. I replaced
the switch with
the only thing that I had which was a slide switch with
snap-and-remain-in-position, not spring loaded for easy
return. However, the
LOAD shaft spring is strong enough to return the switch.

EUREKA