Jim,
My observations on the TR7's PTO is that if the ambient room temperature is
around 70 F, the PTO is quite stable after initial warm up.  If on the other
hand the house temperature is something other than 70 F the thing wants to go
all over the place and never really settles down. Oh, I do have the FA-7, and
it was used during the above observations.

The X-lock was the absolute best time and $$ investment that I put into my TR7.

73,
Ron WD8SBB