From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Garey Barrell
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 5:22 PM
To: Neil M Califano
Cc: Drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Leaving tube radio on

I'm not as paranoid (or as 'safe', I still have equipment with 2-Wire line
cords!,) as Jim.  I DO verify that each piece of equipment has the CORRECT
fuse.

My rule is that I turn on whatever I want to use in the morning.  If I
'think' I'll use it again during the day, I leave it on until I'm ready to
quit for the day.

Back in the 70's, I ran three Drake 4-Lines 24/7 for  autostart RTTY.  They
ran 24/7 for almost three years with only one failure, a 12BY7 Driver tube
filament opened up.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Neil M Califano wrote:
> I use my R4A about 4 hours a day. Should it be left on continuously or is
it better to turn the radio off every night?