Jim,
The old standard question, which direction should the fan run?  I have fans on
my TR-7/PS-7 pulling out.  The "new" PS-7 is directed in.

I agree with you 100% on cooling the filter caps.  They get a lot of stress.
During the Drake Engineers reunion at the Dayton Hamvention I had the good
fortune to speak with one of the guys who helped engineered the PS-7.  He
indicated people have misunderstanding about the PS-7 fan.  Its purpose is to
cool the filter caps, not the electronics.

TNX es 73,
Ron WD8SBB