Hi Garey,

Originally---in my T-4X---I replaced C89 (3000 pfd.) with two 1500 pfd. s.m.
caps in parallel. The white tubular cap that I was referring to at 33 pfd.
is---I think!---either C86, or C87 on the T-4X schematic, both of which are
(unfortunately) simply marked with an asterisk therein...

I wish I had a capacitance tester to confirm the exact value of the thing---but
I suppose I could parallel it with a known value of fixed inductance, connect
to the antenna terminal of my FT-980 in general coverage receive mode, & apply
some RF into the other end with my signal generator, watching for where the
S-meter might dip...

I'd then refer to my trusty ol' ARRL Lightning Calculator to get an approximate
value that way, I s'pose.

I guess Drake used SEVERAL iterations / versions of their PTOs over the years,
dependent upon what rig they were to be used in. That's bad for us trying to
de-bug these things to-day, but as somebody rightfully put it awhile back, who
in their wildest dreams ever thought at the time that these rigs would still
see daily use almost a half century after-the-fact...?!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ