It has been a long time (pronounced 3 DECADES ) since I did the mod on my TR7
as well.  I do remember that I did a bit more looking and found that there is a
male pin sticking up from the motherboard and is the transmit inhibit  line
(going to Q9001 as I recall).  So I put a piece of spaghetti/insulation/heat
shrink tubing over that male pin.  That stopped it from making contact when the
DR7 was plugged in.  That saved having to cut that trace and then jumper the
break when/if I get rid of the TR7.

You want to be really careful with that mod as it allows transmitting across
the entire spectrum.  Prior to that mod the system would not transmit out of
the band.  Since the WARC bands did not exist yet when the TR7 came out those
bands do not work.  This mod enables transmitting in the WARC bands (AND
EVERYWHERE ELSE From 1.8 mhz to 30 MHZ).

If using the AUX7 then the various band segment modules could be programed to
allow transmit or not allow transmit depending on the presence or absence of a
diode at that pin in the module.

By disabling the transmit inhibit (break the connection by cutting the trace or
with insulation over the pin) you eliminate any safety net you hand that might
stop you from accidentally transmitting on a frequency you were listening to
outside of the ham bands.

Good luck.

Jim Pruitt

>>> On 10/8/2011 at 4:34 AM, <wd8...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Guys the other week someone ask about all band TX for the TR7.  Found this
method in my notes on the TR7.  There is another mod which cuts PCB traces
which I think also disables the PLL out of lock TX inhibit.  I think this
method saves that function.

To enable the TR7 to transmit on all frequencies 1.5-30MHz simply unsolder the
collector of Q9001 on the DR7 board.  See Figures 4-1 and 4-2 in the Service
Manual.

It's been quite some time since I was inside my TR7 looking for this mod, but
seems to my my current TR7 uses this method.