From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Robert Fish
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:01 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Drale Fuse

I've never tried this, but couldn't you just clip the leads off of a cap or
resistor from your junk box and solder them on to the end caps of a regular
8a fuse. You would certainly reflow the inside connection but as long as you
still have continuity when your done, no harm no foul. I wouldn't do this on
spacecraft or life support equipment, but the filaments of a T4XB I think
would be OK. If it fails later, it fails open, so I don't see any risk. Just
make sure you use leads that can handle 8amps. (there probably is a reason
for not doing this, but I can't think of it).

Bob  K6GGO

Greetings,

Trying to find a source for the 8 Amp fuse with pig tails that solders into
the filament string on the T4XB. Can find the fuse but not with pig tails,
any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

73 Gary