Every now & then...I will ONLY use my C line and L-4B for a whole week end...

Lee,

That's a great idea since it gives you the opportunity to re-visit the older technology and compare notes against recent designs. I have no issues with well-designed and implemented mods that serve an overarching purpose. The Sherwood mods accomplish that. Moreover, I keep respect alive by ensuring that cosmetically, they are as perfect as possible. I have to thank the many folks who have provided those resources. At one time or another, they've been the recipient of my business.

Both my R-4C and R-4B are heavily modified. The R-4B may not even be recognizable under the chassis to most folks here. But I started with a purpose and designed for it. The changes meet my operating goals and were not meant to appeal to all Drake users.

Folks who have used a Sherwood-modified Drake have every right to express their opinion -- but seemingly, several users have not tried the mods and have based their opinion on perception and not reality. Another a group of users seem to resent that some owners have attained the aptitude to either install and/or design their own mods. This attitude seems even stronger among Collins owners. Now, that's *my* perception and may not be reality!

Paul, W9AC