Well, the problem continues.

  It worked for a short time but is not working  again. Replaced V-1 and V2
 with tested used tubes. V1 was N.O.S.

I did substitution of all the tubes with used and tested  tubes without any
change in output.
The spot position does not put out a signal either. Even  when put into AM
and using the spot function, I can hardly hear that tone in the  receiver
either....

Both VFO's will work the receiver.

I have idle current when in tune position or when PTT on  mic. no other
output. No output when speaking  or whistling into the mic  either

Any other ideas?

Where to look next?

Sprayed the wafer switches with Deoxit and another plastic  safe contact
cleaner even though the wafers are phenolic and not plastic. Band  switch is
not any stiffer than it was when I bought the twins 5 years ago so I  don't
think that is the problem.

I tried 75 meters and 40 meter both with the same results.  No output.....

Where should I start to look for the problem? Any ideas  would be
appreciated.

Thanks

73 de Fred WD8ADG