Fred -

Please forward the entire message to keep the thread intact. It helps to be able to go back to see what has been done.

If you have a scope, close the PTT and check the 5.645 MHz CO signal at the wiper of the BALANCE pot. -OR-

If you have a general coverage receiver, see if you can hear the 5.645 MHz CO
signal, -OR-

IF none of the above, set BAND to 40M, and in TUNE look for a peak in the 80M band of the RF TUNE control.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

fjmel...@aol.com wrote:
/Well, the problem continues./
//
/ It worked for a short time but is not working again. Replaced V-1 and V2 with tested used tubes. V1 was N.O.S. /
//
/I did substitution of all the tubes with used and tested tubes without any
change in output./
/The spot position does not put out a signal either. Even when put into AM and using the spot function, I can hardly hear that tone in the receiver either..../
//
/Both VFO's will work the receiver. /
//
/I have idle current when in tune position or when PTT on mic. no other output. No output when speaking or whistling into the mic either /
//
/Any other ideas? /
//
/Where to look next? /
//
/Sprayed the wafer switches with Deoxit and another plastic safe contact cleaner even though the wafers are phenolic and not plastic. Band switch is not any stiffer than it was when I bought the twins 5 years ago so I don't think that is the problem. /
//
/I tried 75 meters and 40 meter both with the same results. No output...../
//
/Where should I start to look for the problem? Any ideas would be appreciated./
//