Steve -

I found the 'C100 mod' to be more effective than the Schottky diode mod in
reducing 'hiss'.

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Steve Wedge wrote:
I'm considering it, Lee. This receiver is nowhere near stock as it is, so I'm not wrecking a museum piece. It already has the Sherwood audio amp and a homebrewed version of the power supply mods.

I'm going to try the simple mod first to see what I think.  The experimenting
is half the fun.

Thanks for the input -

Steve Wedge, W1ES/4

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."
- Joe Walsh

If the above message appears, it came from Steve's Son of Laptop!
----- Original Message ----- From: <kc9...@aol.com>