From: Robb Urie
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:52 PM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] Help in identify a "Mod" in my R-4C

Howdy,

While installing 4 of the Sherwood mods in my R-4C, I came across a
pre-existing circuit board that turned-out to be a replacement product detector.
I removed it to make way for the new PD-4, but am curious is this could be one
of the early Sherwood ones or maybe a Santori version.  It is on a
small perf board and uses a Motorola HEP C6050G IC.  I don’t have any of the HR
magazines that described the DIY mods, maybe it’s time to get the
CDs.

I’m just wondering what it is...I’ve had this set since 1995 and have only
installed the Inrad GUF-1 up to now.  I've also done the LED lamp kits
and they look great.  For those who maybe considering doing any mods, be aware
that wayward soldering irons love s-meter pots.

For the folks who despise any Mods, sorry for the offense.

Thanks for any info.

73,

Robb N0RU
Woodland Park, CO