The C6050G IC is an MC 1496.  I used it myself for a product detector  way
back in the late 70's.  I was going to make a little direct conversion
receiver with it but never finished the project.  Later, when I got my R4C  I
put the TL 442 based product detector in it and in an R4B.  They worked  great
and the one in the R4B is still there.  I completely redid the R4C  with
all new Sherwood mods about 5 years ago.  It's still a great  receiver.

Steve
KD2ED

In a message dated 3/11/2012 7:53:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,