Thanks, I will probably leave it turned on and switch it externally.

73 de W3NU

On 7/24/2012 0914, Bill Frost wrote:
Hello Charles,

I suspect the small spring inside the on/off switch cap got hung up after sitting idle for awhile. I would not recommend a lubricant since it is switching power.

Drake stocked the on/off switch cap part of the gain control and also the on/off switch cap for the R-4B. We replaced several of these in the service department. John Kriner has the R-4B switch caps in his store on ebay, he thinks the switches are the same. But, I'm not so sure, I know they had different part numbers, but I never tried using one for the other, as we always had both parts. If interested in getting a "spare" switch cap, contact John Kriner, The Man Electronics.

73, Bill wd8dfp