I am new to this list so please bear with me. I have a pristine-looking R4C S/N 23247 and I'm trying to decide whether its overall gain is up to scratch. The manual doesn't appear to give a specification in terms of how many microvolts at the antenna input for how much audio output or how much input for the onset of AGC or for a given AGC voltage or anything along those lines. It can (just) hear 0.1uV PD on 10M, so the front end seems fine, but that test doesn't say anything about overall gain.

I will have some questions about S-meter settings, but I'll leave those for later.

Please can you folks give me some idea of how you check overall receiver gain and the sort of results I should expect.

73, Alan G3XAQ
--

Alan Ibbetson
a...@g3xaq.net