----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Smith" <kc6...@earthlink.net>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:06 AM
Subject: [Drakelist] T-4XB won't do CW

I have matching R-4B and T-4XB. Both were fully functional until I moved them to a new location in the shack. Now I can't get CW to work. I have checked all the cable connections and the straight key I am using. The cables are correct and the key works in another radio. I rechecked the vox and delay settings and they are in the correct positions. Tuning and SSB work with full power output. What is the next step I should take to troubleshoot this problem? Can this be caused by a bad tube? I haven't re-grounded the twins since the move. Could that be a problem?

Thanks for the help,
Roger

First thing is to take the case off and reseat all the tubes. I would clean the tube pins and sockets with Deoxit and a small brush. I've had this happen, don't remember exactly which tube caused it but even just wiggling the tubes in their sockets will sometimes fix it. The other voodoo is working the screws to make sure they make good chassis contact but I suspect the tubes.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles