Paolo,

It may be because the ALC is a threshold-based feedback voltage, intended
mainly as a method to prevent amplifier overdrive. It is not designed to
regulate power level over a range, but rather to limit a maximum level.

73

-Jim
NU0C

--
“There’s something out of place – let’s go and poke it with a stick.” – The
Doctor, "Amy’s Choice"