That's true...

if you were to connect the drake transceiver to a drake amplifier life would be
good. Birds would sing, the sun would shine. Life is good.

But there is no standard as to how much, what flavor, or how much voltage or
even if it should be positive or negative going  on ALC.

The ALC generated by an amplifier may as well be in Vulcan if the transceiver
can't understand what to do with it. And while the engineers who included knew
of its value, no one sat them down and decided on a standard.

bottom line?

Don't worry about the ALC

mike, wb8vge